When deciding on which company to use for your moving needs, you need to look at a variety of factors such as availability, cost determination and reputation. Here are some tips to help point you in the right direction and avoid the hassle of dealing with fraudulent companies. Your goal should be to make a financially sound investment by being informed and having all of the facts up front!
Tips to find professional removalists
- You should always ask for a written estimate or quote before making any final decisions or signing any paperwork. Ensure that this documentation has all the correct details listed, such as how many rooms or square footage, any special requests, list of services being asked for, etc. It should also specifically list whether they are charging by the hour (based on specific manpower) or if they are charging a flat cost. This keeps both sides accountable and limits any surprises at the end.
- Always obtain several quotes for the same level of service from several companies. This will allow you to compare and find out who is offering the best deals. Remember that you get what you pay for so keep the considerations above in mind and don’t use cost as the only factor in making your decision.
- Ensure that you and the company have agreed on the timetable for pick-up and delivery so you can make arrangements to have someone on hand to sign off on the paperwork. The company should require a signature showing that you understand how many boxes are being moved so that you can compare this on the destination side and ensure that everything is unloaded.
- Check out the websites for service options and the overall look. This way you can get an overall feel for their level of quality, customer service and whether they offer everything you are looking for like packing, breakdown and set-up of furniture, distance parameters, etc.
- Find out if they own their trucks or if they are leased out from a third party. This can affect how the equipment is insured and maintained for your safety and use. The last thing you need is to be responsible for a hefty repair bill because the company did not do their due diligence.
- While you can check with friends and family for recommendations, the Internet is also a great source for this type of information. You can check to see if past customers have posted reviews or comments by doing a simple online search. Based on this information, you will have a good idea of whether they are reliable, professional and easy to work with.
- You can utilize the AFRA (Australian Furniture Removers Association) website to see if the companies you are considering are listed. This can provide peace of mind knowing that they are legitimate and a part of a larger organization that is reputable.
By following the above steps you can avoid the majority of the stress that can be involved with moving because in the end, you know you will be in good hands!